Green Bean Casserole
9 ounce package frozen French-style green beans
cup chopped onion
tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
10 3/4 ounce can lower-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
cup plain fat-free yogurt
tablespoons diced pimento
- Cook the green beans according to the package directions, except omit salt. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook the onion in margarine until onion is tender. Stir in the bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the soup, yogurt, pimiento, and pepper. Stir in the beans. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture atop beans in casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and the crumbs are golden. If desired, garnish with additional pimiento pieces. Makes 5 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Green Bean Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 121 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 330 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet