- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound carrots (6 to 8 medium), roll-cut* (4 cups)
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1. In a medium saucepan cook carrots, covered, in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water 4 to 6 minutes or until nearly tender. Drain; remove from pan.
2. For glaze, in the same saucepan combine the green onion, honey, margarine or butter, and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat until combined. Stir in the carrots. Cook, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until glazed, stirring frequently. Season to taste with pepper. Makes 4 servings.
- *To roll-cut carrots, hold a knife or cleaver at a 45-degree angle to the cutting surface to make the first cut, then give food a quarter- to half-turn before angle-cutting again.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 132,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 20,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 136,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet