- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 cups water
- 3 pounds young, small carrots with tops trimmed to 2 inches, peeled or scrubbed, or 3 pounds packaged peeled baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a 12- or 14-inch heavy skillet bring water to boiling. Add carrots. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots are just tender. Drain carrots. Carefully turn out onto prepared baking sheet. (When green tops are left on carrots during cooking, they become very fragile. As the carrots cook, some of the tops may come off.) Pat dry with additional paper towels.
2. To glaze carrots, in the same heavy skillet combine margarine, honey, ginger, and salt. Stir constantly over medium heat until margarine is melted. Carefully add carrots. Toss gently for 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are thoroughly coated with glaze and heated through completely.
3. To serve, arrange carrots in a shallow bowl or on a platter; drizzle with remaining glaze from pan. Makes 12 servings.
- Carrots may be cooked, cooled, covered, and refrigerated up to one day ahead. Bring to room temperature (takes about 1 hour) when ready to glaze. Heat carrots in glaze for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 77,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 15,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (IU) 27988,
- vit. C (mg) 7,
- sodium (mg) 109,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet