Garlic-Basil Mashed Potatoes
- Place garlic in a souffle dish or ramekin. Drizzle with oil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until garlic is very soft; cool. Peel the garlic, discarding skins and reserving oil.
- Peel and cut up potatoes. Cook, covered, in boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Beat potatoes with an electric mixer on low speed. Add sour cream, the 1/4 cup cheese, baked garlic, reserved oil, and salt. Gradually beat in enough milk to make the mixture fluffy. Fold in basil. Spoon the potato mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake in a 325 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with the 3 tablespoons cheese and drizzle with butter or margarine. Continue baking, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through. Serves 10 to 12.
- Prepare potatoes and spoon into casserole but do not bake. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Bake, covered, in a 325 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with the 3 tablespoons cheese and drizzle with butter or margarine. Return to oven; bake 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Garlic-Basil Mashed Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 22 mg chol.,
- 168 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet