Flash-Roasted Vegetables and Pasta
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Place mushrooms, fennel, onion, and carrots in a large roasting pan. Combine oil and Fennel-Spice Mix. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice. Remove roasted vegetables to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Add pasta to bowl with roasted vegetables. Add wine to roasting pan. Cook and stir over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits, about 3 minutes or until wine is slightly reduced. Pour wine over pasta mixture and toss well to coat. Top with cheese. Makes 6 to 8 main-dish servings.
Fennel Spice Mix
- In a small skillet over medium heat toast fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and cracked peppercorns for 1 minute or until fragrant, shaking the pan occasionally. Cool thoroughly. When completely cool, grind in a spice grinder or blender with sea salt or kosher salt.
Nutrition Facts (Flash-Roasted Vegetables and Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 197 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 24 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet