- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers (28 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick (1 pound total)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
1. In a small bowl combine egg, milk, and pepper. In another bowl stir together cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried parsley flakes.
2. Dip eggplant slices in the milk mixture to coat, then dip both sides in the cracker mixture.
3. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange eggplant in dish.
4. In a bowl stir together tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic; pour over eggplant.
5. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 249,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 85,
- carb. (g) 28,
- pro. (g) 15,
- sodium (mg) 1095,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet