cup fat-free milk
cup crushed saltine crackers (28 crackers)
cup grated Parmesan cheese
tablespoons dried parsley flakes
medium eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick (1 pound total)
Nonstick cooking spray
15 ounce can tomato sauce
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
clove garlic, minced
cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, and pepper. In another bowl stir together cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried parsley flakes.
- Dip eggplant slices in the milk mixture to coat, then dip both sides in the cracker mixture.
- Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange eggplant in dish.
- In a bowl stir together tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic; pour over eggplant.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Eggplant Parmesan)
- Per serving:
- 249 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- 85 mg chol.,
- 1095 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet