- Cut the top off the eggplant. Peel, if desired. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a medium saucepan cook eggplant in a small amount of boiling, salted water about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir in eggplant, bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt, and pepper. Turn into a greased 1-quart casserole. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until dressing is heated through. Serves 8.
Nutrition Facts (Eggplant Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 111 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 34 mg chol.,
- 359 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet