- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 4 hrs to 6 hrs (low) or 2-3 hours (high)
- Stand: 5 mins
Curried Couscous with Vegetables
large onion, cut in thin wedges
14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
5.7 ounce packages curry-flavor couscous mix
cup chopped toasted slivered almonds
cup raisins (optional)
Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, summer squash, undrained tomatoes, the water, and the seasoning packets from couscous mixes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours. Stir in couscous. Turn off cooker. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous mixture with a fork.
- To serve, sprinkle each serving with almonds and, if desired, raisins. If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Curried Couscous with Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 280 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 842 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet