Cumin-Crusted Veggie Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
teaspoons cumin seeds
refrigerated or frozen meatless burger patties, thawed
slices fresh or canned pineapple
pita bread rounds or flatbreads
tablespoon bottled pepper and onion relish
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a medium skillet heat cumin seeds over medium heat until they are fragrant and starting to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Crush seeds using a mortar and pestle or with a rolling pin.
- Brush burger patties with olive oil; coat with crushed cumin seeds. Blot excess moisture from pineapple slices and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Grill pineapple slices on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until heated through. Transfer to a cutting board. Add meatless patties to grill rack; cook for 4 minutes per side or until heated through, adding pita bread the last 3 to 4 minutes of grilling. Cover and keep warm.
- Chop pineapple and place in a bowl; stir in relish.
- Serve veggie burgers on pita bread with pineapple mixture. If desired, top with fresh basil and chopped peanuts.
Nutrition Facts(Cumin-Crusted Veggie Burgers with Pineapple Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 619 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet