Cumin-Crusted Veggie Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
- In a medium skillet heat cumin seeds over medium heat until they are fragrant and starting to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Crush seeds using a mortar and pestle or with a rolling pin.
- Brush burger patties with olive oil; coat with crushed cumin seeds. Blot excess moisture from pineapple slices and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Grill pineapple slices on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until heated through. Transfer to a cutting board. Add meatless patties to grill rack; cook for 4 minutes per side or until heated through, adding pita bread the last 3 to 4 minutes of grilling. Cover and keep warm.
- Chop pineapple and place in a bowl; stir in relish.
- Serve veggie burgers on pita bread with pineapple mixture. If desired, top with fresh basil and chopped peanuts.
Nutrition Facts (Cumin-Crusted Veggie Burgers with Pineapple Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 619 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet