Corn Cakes with Fresh Corn and Chives
- Cut corn kernels from cob and measure 1/2 cup. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir boiling water into cornmeal to make a stiff mush. Stir in milk until smooth; then stir in fresh or frozen corn, egg, and the 1 tablespoon chives. Add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons into hot oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Meanwhile, if desired, stir the 1 teaspoon chives into the sour cream. Serve sour cream with the corn cakes. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Corn Cakes with Fresh Corn and Chives)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 42 mg chol.,
- 295 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet