- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 tablespoons snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 cups torn English muffins or dry French bread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or hot pepper cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges (optional)
1. In a small bowl place dried tomatoes; add enough hot water to cover. Let stand about 15 minutes or until softened; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl beat together eggs, milk, and basil; set aside. In an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish toss together torn English muffins, corn, cheese, and softened tomatoes.* Carefully pour egg mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish.
3. Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly. To serve, if desired, spoon bread pudding atop tomato wedges. Makes 6 servings.
- Cover and refrigerate the egg mixture and English muffin mixture separately for up to 24 hours. Combine and bake as directed.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 275,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 160,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 32,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 16,
- vit. A (RE) 144,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 486,
- calcium (mg) 232,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet