Coconut Sweet Potatoes and Wild Rice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan cook sweet potato slices, covered, in enough boiling water to cover about 8 minutes or just until tender; drain well. Gently combine sweet potato slices, rice, and edamame. Transfer to casserole dish.
- In a large skillet combine coconut milk and onion. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes or just until onion is tender. Whisk in peanut butter, red curry paste, and brown sugar. Continue to whisk until peanut butter is melted and smooth.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over vegetables and rice. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes more or until mixture is heated through. If desired, top with snipped basil.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut Sweet Potatoes and Wild Rice )
- Per serving:
- 325 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 421 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.
Robin F Alwine 366 Days Ago
This could be the worst recipe I've had from BHG. Who created this list, anyway? No one who has been to more than one potluck with half vegans.