Oranges add a citrus flavor to this quick and easy side-dish recipe that can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Roast: 12 mins 400°F
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. From one orange and one lemon, cut 1/8 x 2-inch strips, avoiding the bitter white pith; set aside. From same orange and lemon squeeze a total of 2 tablespoons juice; set aside.
- Thinly slice remaining orange and lemon; drizzle slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper; set aside.
- Wash asparagus; break off woody bases. Place spears in 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic, tarragon, and citrus strips. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat spears. Spread in single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast asparagus and citrus slices 12 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice with tongs, until asparagus is tender and citrus begins to brown. Transfer to serving platter.
- Meanwhile, for vinaigrette, in small dish whisk together reserved juices and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over roasted asparagus, citrus, and garlic. Sprinkle with roasted citrus slices. Serve warm. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Citrus-Roasted Asparagus)
- Per serving:
- 87 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 53 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet