- Makes: 6 servings
- Yields: 1/3 cup gremolata
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
pound fresh green beans, trimmed
cups packaged fresh julienned carrots
tablespoons finely chopped toasted hazelnuts (filberts) or almonds
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
tablespoon olive oil
shallot, finely chopped
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook the beans and carrots, uncovered, in enough boiling water to cover for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set vegetables aside.
- Meanwhile, for gremolata, in a small bowl, stir together the nuts, parsley, orange peel, lemon peel, lime peel, garlic, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In the same Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until shallot is tender. Add the beans and carrots; toss to heat through. Transfer vegetable mixture to a serving dish. Sprinkle with gremolata.
Nutrition Facts (Citrus-Hazelnut Gremolata)
- Per serving:
- 76 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 123 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet