- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 heads cauliflower (about 1 1/2 lb. each)
- 1 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup smoked walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons diced prosciutto or bacon (1 oz.)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley sprig (optional)
1. Wash cauliflower heads and remove leaves and woody stems. Break each cauliflower heat into 6 to 8 clusters. In 6-quart Dutch oven cook cauliflower, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a covered storage container and chill up to 24 hours.
2. Meanwhile, for pesto, in a food processor bowl or blender container combine snipped parsley, walnuts or almonds, oil, tarragon, garlic, and vinegar. Cover and process or blend with several on-off turns until smooth. Transfer to a storage container and cover and chill.
3. Place cauliflower in a microwave safe 2-quart oval baking dish. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 4 to 6 minutes, turning dish once. Drizzle melted butter over cauliflower. Pour half of the pesto around base of cauliflower and pass remainder. Makes 12 side-dish servings.
- Cauliflower and pesto may be served without chilling.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 155,
- Fat, total (g) 15,
- chol. (mg) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 5,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 69,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet