- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pounds small carrots with tops, trimmed and peeled*
- 1 head cauliflower (1-3/4 to 2 pounds), cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 medium red sweet peppers, seeded and cut up
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. In a covered medium saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well. In a covered large saucepan, cook cauliflower in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well. Place carrots, cauliflower, and sweet peppers in separate resealable plastic bags.
2. For dressing, in a small saucepan, combine oil and crushed caraway seeds; cook over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until oil is warm and slightly fragrant. Cool slightly. In a large glass measure, whisk together the oil-caraway seed mixture, wine vinegar, salt, and crushed red pepper.
3. Pour about 1/2 cup of the dressing over carrots. Pour about 1 cup of the dressing over cauliflower. Pour remaining dressing over sweet peppers. Seal bags; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours, turning bags occasionally.
4. To serve, drain vegetables, discarding marinade. Arrange vegetables on a serving platter. Makes 12 servings.
- If desired, substitute 12 ounces packaged peeled baby carrots (halved lengthwise, if large) for the small carrots with tops.
- Cover vegetables on serving platter tightly with plastic wrap.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 159,
- Fat, total (g) 14,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 7,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (IU) 3984,
- vit. C (mg) 51,
- sodium (mg) 124,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet