- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 large sweet onions (such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla), thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds tiny new potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onions and potatoes.
2. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, broth, brown sugar, salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour mixture over onions and potatoes in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Stir gently before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, sprinkle with additional pepper.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 194,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 22,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 28,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 356,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet