- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3 1/2 hours (high)
Caramelized Onions and Potatoes
large sweet onions (such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla), thinly sliced (2 cups)
pounds tiny new potatoes, halved
cup butter, melted
cup beef or chicken broth
tablespoons packed brown sugar
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onions and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, broth, brown sugar, salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour mixture over onions and potatoes in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Stir gently before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, sprinkle with additional pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Caramelized Onions and Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 194 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 22 mg chol.,
- 356 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet