Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Sauce
cups brussels sprouts (12 oz.)
cup chicken broth
clove garlic, minced
tablespoons chicken broth
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoons snipped fresh dill weed
- Trim stems of brussels sprouts and remove any of the wilted outer leaves.
- In a medium saucepan combine brussels sprouts, the 3/4 cup broth, butter, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 7 to 10 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sprouts to a serving bowl. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons chicken broth, the cornstarch, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper. Gradually add lemon mixture to hot broth in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in fresh dill weed.
- Pour lemon sauce over brussels sprouts. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 39 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 167 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet