Crisp-tender asparagus and zucchini bring color to this crowd-pleasing breakfast casserole. Each serving only has 84 calories and 2 grams of fat.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 35 mins 350°F
- Stand: 10 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
ounces fresh asparagus or one 9- or 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus
small yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
of a small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1/2 cup)
cup chopped onion
cup chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained
cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 8 eggs
cup fat-free milk
tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
teaspoon ground black pepper
Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- If using fresh asparagus, snap off and discard woody bases. If desired, scrape off scales. Cut into 1-inch-long pieces.
- In a large saucepan, bring about 1 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus, yellow sweet pepper strips, zucchini, and onion. Return just to boiling; reduce heat slightly. Cover and boil about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Stir in roasted red sweet peppers. Spread asparagus-pepper mixture evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg product, milk, snipped or dried dill, salt, and black pepper until well mixed. Whisk in flour, making sure it is completely combined. Pour over vegetables in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until slightly puffed and top shakes set. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish individual servings with dill sprigs.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus-Zucchini Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 84 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 7 mg chol.,
- 414 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Casseroles, Breakfast and Brunch Egg Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Casseroles, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easter Recipes, Egg Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes