- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus or two 9-ounce or 10-ounce packages frozen cut asparagus
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1 cup)
- 10 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Butter a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
2. If using fresh asparagus, snap off and discard woody bases. Scrape off scales, if desired. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
3. In a saucepan, bring about 1 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus, pepper strips, and onion; bring just to boiling. Reduce heat slightly; cover and boil about 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Drain well, reserving some asparagus tips for garnish. Spread asparagus-pepper mixture evenly in baking dish. Layer zucchini slices over.
4. Combine eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour over vegetables in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish each serving with asparagus tips, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 160,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 277,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 11,
- sodium (mg) 465,
- Vegetables () 1,
- Medium-Fat Meat () 1,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet