Asparagus, Zucchini, and Yellow Pepper Frittata
pounds fresh asparagus or two 9-ounce or 10-ounce packages frozen cut asparagus
medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
cup chopped onion
small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1 cup)
slightly beaten eggs
cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Butter a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- If using fresh asparagus, snap off and discard woody bases. Scrape off scales, if desired. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, bring about 1 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus, pepper strips, and onion; bring just to boiling. Reduce heat slightly; cover and boil about 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Drain well, reserving some asparagus tips for garnish. Spread asparagus-pepper mixture evenly in baking dish. Layer zucchini slices over.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour over vegetables in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish each serving with asparagus tips, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Asparagus, Zucchini, and Yellow Pepper Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 160 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 277 mg chol.,
- 465 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet