Because roasting accents the sweetness of asparagus, you need only a hint of chervil.
- Yields: 6 (side-dish) servings
- Roast: 4 mins to 6 mins 475°F
- Start to Finish: 10 mins
pounds fresh asparagus spears
teaspoons olive oil or melted margarine or butter
tablespoons snipped fresh chervil or 2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon
Coarse salt or salt
Fresh chervil sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. If desired, use a paring knife to scrape off scales. Combine oil and 1 tablespoon of the chervil or 1 teaspoon of the tarragon. Drizzle over asparagus. Toss gently to coat. In a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan arrange asparagus in a single layer. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Roast asparagus, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until just tender, stirring once. To serve, place the asparagus upright in a glass jar or flat on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon snipped chervil or 1 teaspoon snipped tarragon. Garnish with chervil sprigs, if desired. Makes 6 side-dish serving.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus Bouquet)
- Per serving:
- 33 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 48 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet