Vanilla Polenta Breakfast Pudding
cups fat-free milk
of a vanilla bean,* split lengthwise
cup quick-cooking polenta mix
cup plain Greek yogurt
cup apricot preserves or other desired preserves
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, vanilla bean, and salt. Bring to simmering. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes to allow vanilla bean to infuse milk with its flavor. Remove vanilla bean; set aside.
- Bring milk mixture just to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium. Gradually add polenta mix, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is very thick. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yogurt and honey. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Discard vanilla pod or reserve it for another use. Stir vanilla seeds into yogurt mixture.
- Serve polenta mixture warm with preserves and yogurt mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla for the 1/2 of a vanilla bean.
Nutrition Facts(Vanilla Polenta Breakfast Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 205 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 5 mg chol.,
- 92 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet