Turkey-Asparagus Brunch Bake
- To cook fresh asparagus, wash and scrape off scales. Break off and discard woody bases of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1-1/2-inch pieces. In a covered saucepan cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. (For frozen asparagus or broccoli, cook according to package directions; drain and set aside.)
- In a large skillet cook turkey, onion, and sweet pepper until vegetables are just tender and no pink remains in turkey. Remove from heat; drain. Set aside. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange meat mixture in dish; top with cooked asparagus.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, Parmesan cheese, lemon-pepper seasoning, and tarragon; beat until smooth with a wire whisk or rotary beater. (Or, combine these ingredients in a blender container; cover and blend for 20 seconds.)* Pour egg mixture evenly over layers in baking dish.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the Swiss cheese; bake 3 to 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed to the asterisk (*). Pour egg mixture into a bowl or pitcher; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate turkey and asparagus in the baking dish. To bake, stir egg mixture well and pour over turkey mixture. Bake, uncovered, in 425 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey-Asparagus Brunch Bake)
- Per serving:
- 355 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 161 mg chol.,
- 417 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet