- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 large red and/or green sweet pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups Parmesan Pizza Sauce (see www.bhg.com)
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken cut into bite-size strips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese (8 ounces)
1. In a large bowl combine 1-1/4 cups of the flour, the yeast, and the salt. Add warm water and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Add 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal after beating. Using a spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
2. Grease two 11- to 13-inch pizza pans or baking sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough into a circle 1 inch larger than pizza pan. Transfer to pans. Build up edges slightly. Flute and score edges, if desired. Prick generously with a fork. Do not let rise. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in corn, basil, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper.
4. Spread Parmesan Pizza Sauce over hot crusts. Spoon corn mixture over sauce. Top with turkey or chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 606,
- Fat, total (g) 26,
- chol. (mg) 81,
- sat. fat (g) 11,
- carb. (g) 63,
- pro. (g) 30,
- sodium (mg) 971,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet