- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 pounds uncooked ground turkey breast or ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 14 - 16 ounce package dried multigrain, whole wheat or regular spaghetti
- 2 3 ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- Salt (optional)
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In bowl stir together egg whites, oil, milk, chili powder, 1 tsp. black pepper, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
2. In large bowl combine turkey, onion, bread crumbs, jalapenos, and chopped cilantro. Fold egg white mixture into turkey mixture; mix well. Shape turkey mixture in 1-1/2-inch balls. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F).
3. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti, with 1 tablespoon salt added to water, according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
4. In same pan used for pasta melt cream cheese over low heat. Add milk. Cook, stirring, until bubbly. Return spaghetti to pan; toss to coat with cream cheese mixture.
5. Serve spaghetti with meatballs, cheese, and cilantro. Makes 8 servings.
- *When working with hot peppers, wear plastic gloves. If peppers touch bare skin, wash immediately with soap and water.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 507,
- Fat, total (g) 18,
- chol. (mg) 115,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 41,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 46,
- vit. A (IU) 729,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 247,
- calcium (mg) 242,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet