Spaghetti and Spicy Turkey Meatballs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In bowl stir together egg whites, oil, milk, chili powder, 1 tsp. black pepper, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- In large bowl combine turkey, onion, bread crumbs, jalapenos, and chopped cilantro. Fold egg white mixture into turkey mixture; mix well. Shape turkey mixture in 1-1/2-inch balls. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti, with 1 tablespoon salt added to water, according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- In same pan used for pasta melt cream cheese over low heat. Add milk. Cook, stirring, until bubbly. Return spaghetti to pan; toss to coat with cream cheese mixture.
- Serve spaghetti with meatballs, cheese, and cilantro. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*When working with hot peppers, wear plastic gloves. If peppers touch bare skin, wash immediately with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts (Spaghetti and Spicy Turkey Meatballs)
- Per serving:
- 507 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 115 mg chol.,
- 247 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 46 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet