- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 pounds turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion (1)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Place turkey in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with black pepper and cayenne pepper. In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, sesame oil, and garlic. Pour over turkey.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
3. Transfer turkey to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover turkey and keep warm.
4. For sauce, strain cooking liquid into a small saucepan. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water; stir into cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
5. If desired, slice turkey. Spoon sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 222,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 112,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 42,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 9,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,
- Folate (µg) 12,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 373,
- Potassium (mg) 371,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet