- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 5 hrs to 6 hrs (low) or 2 1/2 to 3 hours (high)
pounds turkey breast tenderloins
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon cayenne pepper
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
teaspoons grated fresh ginger
tablespoon lemon juice
tablespoon toasted sesame oil
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons cold water
tablespoons sliced green onion (1)
tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place turkey in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with black pepper and cayenne pepper. In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, sesame oil, and garlic. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer turkey to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover turkey and keep warm.
- For sauce, strain cooking liquid into a small saucepan. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water; stir into cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- If desired, slice turkey. Spoon sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame Turkey)
- Per serving:
- 222 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 112 mg chol.,
- 373 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 42 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet