- Makes: 8 servings
- Yields: 8 calzones
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 18 mins 375°F
cups chopped cooked leftover turkey, chicken, beef, pork, or vegetables
cups chopped fresh spinach
cups shredded 4-cheese pizza cheese (6 ounces)
14 ounce jar pizza sauce
13.8 ounce packages refrigerated pizza dough
Finely shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine turkey, spinach, pizza cheese, and 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one package of pizza dough to a 12-inch square. Cut into four 6-inch squares.
- Place about 2/3 cup of the turkey mixture onto half of each square about 1/2 inch from edge. Moisten edges of dough with water and fold over, forming a triangle or rectangle. Pinch or press with a fork to seal edges. Using the tip of a knife, cut small slits into tops of triangles or rectangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and turkey mixture.
- Brush tops of calzones with milk and, if desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 18 minutes or until calzones are golden and heated through. In a small saucepan, heat the remaining pizza sauce. Serve with calzones. Makes 8 calzones.
Nutrition Facts (No-Fuss Calzones)
- 295 kcal cal.;
- 9 g Fat, total;
- 35 mg chol.;
- 3 g sat. fat;
- 31 g carb.;
- 2 g Monosaturated fat;
- 0 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 1 g fiber;
- 1 g sugar;
- 22 g pro.;
- 1221 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet