- Makes: 8 servings
- Yields: 8 calzones
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 18 mins 375°F
cups chopped cooked leftover turkey, chicken, beef, pork, or vegetables
cups chopped fresh spinach
cups shredded 4-cheese pizza cheese (6 ounces)
14 ounce jar pizza sauce
13.8 ounce packages refrigerated pizza dough
Finely shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine turkey, spinach, pizza cheese, and 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one package of pizza dough to a 12-inch square. Cut into four 6-inch squares.
- Place about 2/3 cup of the turkey mixture onto half of each square about 1/2 inch from edge. Moisten edges of dough with water and fold over, forming a triangle or rectangle. Pinch or press with a fork to seal edges. Using the tip of a knife, cut small slits into tops of triangles or rectangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and turkey mixture.
- Brush tops of calzones with milk and, if desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 18 minutes or until calzones are golden and heated through. In a small saucepan, heat the remaining pizza sauce. Serve with calzones. Makes 8 calzones.
Nutrition Facts (No-Fuss Calzones)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 35 mg chol.,
- 1221 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChristmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Italian Recipes, Leftover Turkey Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Party Appetizers, Pizza Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Thanksgiving Recipes, Turkey Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes