- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 pound boneless turkey roast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a small bowl combine garlic, marjoram, salt, and pepper; set aside. For glaze, in a small saucepan stir together the orange juice and cornstarch; add half of the seasoning mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in maple syrup and orange peel; set aside.
2. Brush the turkey roast with melted butter and rub with remaining seasoning mixture. Insert a meat thermometer near the center of the roast.
3. For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place the turkey roast directly on the grill rack over the pan. Cover; grill for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 165F. Add coals to maintain heat every 30 minutes. Brush with glaze the last 30 minutes of grilling. Remove meat from grill. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before carving. (The meats temperature will rise 5F during standing.) Bring any remaining glaze to boiling; pass with turkey. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)