Hazelnut-Crusted Turkey Breast
3 pound turkey breast half with bone
tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
clove garlic, minced
cup hazelnuts (filberts)
teaspoon ground coriander
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup orange marmalade
Oranges, halved (optional)
Fresh bay leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove skin from turkey breast. Place turkey breast on a lightly greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, and salt. Brush oil mixture over turkey breast. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the breast. (The thermometer should not touch bone.) Roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place hazelnuts in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until finely chopped. Transfer nuts to a small bowl; stir in coriander, pepper, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Remove turkey breast from oven. Brush surface with orange marmalade. Sprinkle with nut mixture; press gently so nuts adhere to the turkey breast. Continue roasting for 45 to 60 minutes more or until thermometer registers 170 degrees F. Remove from oven.
- Cover and let turkey breast stand for 15 minutes. Place turkey breast on a serving platter; slice turkey. If desired, garnish with oranges, kumquats, and bay leaves. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Hazelnut-Crusted Turkey Breast)
- Per serving:
- 260 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 88 mg chol.,
- 58 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet