Grilled Turkey Piccata
Try making this Italian specialty with boneless chicken breasts in place of the turkey tenderloin steaks.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Grill: 12 mins to 15 mins
- Finely shred enough peel from one of the lemons to make 1 teaspoon; set aside. Halve and squeeze the juice from that lemon (should have about 3 tablespoons); set aside. Cut the other lemon into very thin slices; set aside.
- For rub, in a small bowl combine the shredded lemon peel, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, the rosemary, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over both sides of turkey steaks; rub in with your fingers.
- For a charcoal grill, grill turkey on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Arrange lemon slices on top of turkey, overlapping if necessary. Cover and grill for 6 to 9 minutes more or until turkey is no longer pink (170 degree F). (For a gas grill, preheat gas grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place turkey on the grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice, and the capers. Heat through.
- Remove turkey steaks to a serving platter. Drizzle with the warm caper mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
If you cant find turkey tenderloin steaks at your local grocery store, buy whole turkey tenderloins; then cut them horizontally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 159 kcal cal.;
- 5 g Fat, total;
- 71 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 1 g carb.;
- 0 g fiber;
- 26 g pro.;
- 7 mg vit. C;
- 49 IU vit. A;
- 269 mg sodium;
- 10 mg calcium;
- 1 mg iron
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet