Club Sandwich Dip
pound smoked turkey, chopped
ounces cooked ham, chopped
ounces process Swiss or American cheese, torn
8 ounce package cream cheese, cut up
cup light mayonnaise
teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
cup cherry or grape tomatoes, coarsely chopped
Deep-Fried Dill Pickles (see below) and/or assorted vegetable dippers
- In a 3- or 3 1/2-quart slow cooker, combine turkey, ham, process cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 to 2 hours or until cheeses are melted, stirring after 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Before serving, stir in half of the bacon. Top with the remaining bacon and tomatoes. Serve with Deep-Fried Dill Pickles and/or toast points.
16 ounce jar dill pickle burger slices
cup yellow cornmeal
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon ground black pepper
eggs, lightly beaten
- Pat dill pickle burger slices, dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine cornmeal; flour; garlic powder; and pepper. In another small bowl, combine eggs, lightly beaten, and milk. Dip pickle slices into egg mixture, then into cornmeal mixture, turning to coat. Repeat dipping pickle slices into egg mixture, then into cornmeal mixture. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil over medium heat. Fry pickle slices, one-fourth at at time, in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning once. Remove pickle slices and drain on paper towels. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Nutrition Facts per serving of Deep-Fried Pickles: 165 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 724 mg sodium, 25 g carb., 1 g dietary fiber, 4 g protein.
Nutrition Facts(Club Sandwich Dip)
- Per serving:
- 177 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 46 mg chol.,
- 578 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet