BBQ Spice-Rubbed Turkey Breast
- Thaw turkey, if frozen. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large shallow roasting pan and rack with cooking spray. In small bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, cumin, chili powder, and pepper. Place turkey breast halves, bone side down, on roasting rack in prepared pan. Set aside.
- Starting at breast bone, slip fingers between skin and meat to loosen skin, leaving skin attached at top. Lift skin and spread spice mixture evenly under skin over breast meat. Insert oven-going meat thermometer into thickest part of breast, without touching bone.
- Roast, uncovered, on lower rack of oven for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until thermometer registers 170 degrees F., juices run clear, and turkey is no longer pink, occasionally spooning pan juices over turkey. Let stand, covered with foil, for 10 minutes before slicing. Place breast halves on platter. Serve with Cranberry Barbecue Sauce. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
To simplify, you can rub the spice mixture onto the outside of turkey breast for a crusty spice appearance. Place foil over turkey breast last 30 minutes of roasting to prevent burning.
Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
- In a medium saucepan cook onion in hot cooking oil over medium heat 5 minutes. Add cranberry sauce, chili sauce, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Pass with BBQ Spice-Rubbed Turkey Breast. Makes 2-1/2 cups sauce (10, 1/4 cup servings).
Nutrition Facts (BBQ Spice-Rubbed Turkey Breast)
- Per serving:
- 311 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 167 mg chol.,
- 440 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 57 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Joanna Anderson 816 Days Ago
Fantastic dinner. I made it just as written no changes . I served mine on white rice with grilled asparagus. I will make it again. I was VERY happy with the results. I was longing for something different and tangy and I found it. Thanks for this recipe
Kristina Lopez 830 Days Ago
Great rub, with just the right amount of sweet and heat. I did add 1/2tsp of dry mustard and a tsp of granulated onion powder. This was delicious, I will definitely make it again!