Turkey Tortilla Stew
- in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine turkey, tomatoes, onion, sweet pepper, broth, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread tortillas on a large baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss and spread into an even layer. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden, tossing once halfway through baking.
- To serve, ladle stew into serving bowls. Top each serving with yogurt and salsa. Garnish each serving with tortilla strips, avocado, and a lime wedge.
From the Test Kitchen
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your stew is finished cooking, ladle your stew out of your slow cooker and dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Tortilla Stew)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 746 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet