Turkey Tortilla Stew
Use your favorite salsa -- mild, medium, hot, or even salsa verde -- as a tasty topper for this stew.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 6 hrs (low) or 3 hours (high)
- Bake: 8 mins 400°F
Turkey Tortilla Stew
pounds turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons tomato paste
teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoons chili powder
teaspoon ground black pepper
6 inches corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch-thick-strips
Nonstick cooking spray
cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
fresh limes, cut into wedges
- in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine turkey, tomatoes, onion, sweet pepper, broth, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread tortillas on a large baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss and spread into an even layer. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden, tossing once halfway through baking.
- To serve, ladle stew into serving bowls. Top each serving with yogurt and salsa. Garnish each serving with tortilla strips, avocado, and a lime wedge.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Tortilla Stew)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 746 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesDinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Soup Recipes, Stew and Chowder Recipes, Turkey Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes