Turkey Tortilla Stew
pounds turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons tomato paste
teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoons chili powder
teaspoon ground black pepper
6 inches corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch-thick-strips
Nonstick cooking spray
cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
fresh limes, cut into wedges
- in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine turkey, tomatoes, onion, sweet pepper, broth, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread tortillas on a large baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss and spread into an even layer. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden, tossing once halfway through baking.
- To serve, ladle stew into serving bowls. Top each serving with yogurt and salsa. Garnish each serving with tortilla strips, avocado, and a lime wedge.
Nutrition Facts(Turkey Tortilla Stew)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 746 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet