Turkey Orzo with Dried Cherries and Feta Cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
cups whole wheat orzo
pounds turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup dried cherries
tablespoons lemon juice
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups lightly packed baby spinach
cup feta cheese (2 ounces)
cup chopped almonds
tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add orzo; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Coat a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker combine orzo, turkey, broth, onion, cherries, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 hours.
- Serve mixture on top of spinach. Sprinkle with cheese, almonds, and parsley.
Nutrition Facts(Turkey Orzo with Dried Cherries and Feta Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 334 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 61 mg chol.,
- 451 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet