Turkey and Dumplings
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine carrots, celery, and onion; stir in turkey. Set aside 1/2 cup of the broth. In a medium bowl combine remaining broth, the soup, sage, and pepper; stir into mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- For biscuits, stir together the 1 cup flour, the baking powder, and salt. Use a pastry blender to cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and stir just until moistened.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. In a small bowl whisk together reserved 1/2 cup broth and the 1/4 cup flour; stir into mixture in cooker. Drop biscuit dough by small spoonfuls on top of mixture in cooker. Cover and cook for 45 minutes more.
- Remove ceramic liner from cooker or turn off cooker. Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey and Dumplings)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 64 mg chol.,
- 809 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet