- Makes: 6 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
Turkey and Apricot Bread Salad
cups torn hearty whole grain bread
tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
cups baby spinach
cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken, torn into pieces
cup dried apricots, cut in thin slivers
cup dried cranberries (optional)
cup white wine vinegar
cup extra-virgin olive oil
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
teaspoon ground black pepper
fluid ounces crumbled blue cheese
cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl toss bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil; spread in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl toss together spinach, turkey, dried apricots, cranberries (if desired) and red onion; set aside.
- For dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together the white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Toss warm bread pieces with dressing. Add bread and dressing to spinach mixture; toss to combine. Serve immediately topped with blue cheese, walnuts and cracked black pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey and Apricot Bread Salad)
- Per serving:
- 317 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 44 mg chol.,
- 462 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet