Tunisian Dried Fruit, Chicken and Bulgur Pilaf
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, and garam masala; cook and stir until chicken is browned on all sides and onion is tender.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the chicken mixture, bulgur, lemon slices, plums, raisins, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cayenne pepper. Pour broth and the water over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 hours. Stir in almonds.
- To serve, sprinkle each serving with mint and lemon peel.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice.
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Tunisian Dried Fruit, Chicken and Bulgur Pilaf)
- Per serving:
- 321 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 235 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet