Triple Pepper Nachos
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. If using whole wheat flour tortillas, lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla into six wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on a very large ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, turning once halfway through baking. Tortilla wedges will continue to crisp as they cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine black beans and the 3/4 cup salsa; cook and stir over medium heat just until heated through.
- On a very large ovenproof platter, arrange tortilla chips one to two layers deep, overlapping slightly. Spoon bean mixture on chips. Sprinkle cheese, roasted red peppers, pepperoncini pepper, and jalapeno peppers over bean mixture on chips.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, top sour cream with green onions. Serve nachos immediately. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts(Triple Pepper Nachos)
- Per serving:
- 201 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 838 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 11 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet