Triple Coconut Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together cookie crumbs, the 3/4 cup flaked coconut, and the lime peel. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk and cream of coconut. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. In a small bowl lightly beat egg yolks with a fork. Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot filling into yolks. Add yolk mixture to saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut extract and vanilla. Keep filling warm.
- Prepare Vanilla Meringue. Pour warm filling into cooled piecrust. Spread meringue over warm filling, sealing to edge of crust. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup coconut. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 60 minutes. Chill for 3 to 6 hours for before serving; cover for longer storage.
- Allow 4 egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a mixing bowl combine the whites, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed about 5 minutes or until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks (tips stand straight) and sugar dissolves. Immediately spread meringue over hot pie filling, sealing to edge of pastry.
Nutrition Facts (Triple Coconut Cream Pie)
- Per serving:
- 644 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 177 mg chol.,
- 400 mg sodium,
- 80 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 59 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Kimmy Starr 492 Days Ago
Amazing recipe. Came out so tasty. Will be making again. However the flaked cOcnut chips burnt in the oven so maybe wont add them again.