- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 350°F
- Cool: 10 mins
Tres Leches-Berry Parfaits
package 1-layer-size white cake mix
tablespoons butter, softened
tablespoons dark rum, brandy, or water
tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
cup whipping cream
recipe Cinnamon Tres Leches Sauce
cup coconut, toasted (optional)
Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; line bottom with parchment paper or waxed paper. Grease paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, butter, the water, and rum. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thick). Stir in lime peel. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (cake may sink slightly during cooling). Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto wire rack. Cool completely (cake should be cool to the touch). Using a serrated knife, cut cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Divide one-third of cake cubes among eight individual dessert or parfait dishes and one-third of the chilled Cinnamon Tres Leches Sauce. Among the 8 dishes divide one-third of the berries. Repeat layers times. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours or until completely chilled.
- In a large bowl combine whipping cream, honey, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Serve parfaits toppers with the whipped cream mixture. If desired, sprinkle with toasted coconut and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Cinnamon Tres Leches Sauce
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
13 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
cup whole milk, or half-and-half
4 inch stick cinnamon
- In a large saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened coconut milk, whole milk or half-and-half, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat just until boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. Remove the stick cinnamon and discard.
Nutrition Facts (Tres Leches-Berry Parfaits)
- 603 kcal cal.;
- 33 g Fat, total;
- 153 mg chol.;
- 18 g sat. fat;
- 72 g carb.;
- 8 g Monosaturated fat;
- 1 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 1 g fiber;
- 43 g sugar;
- 9 g pro.;
- 0 g Trans fatty acid;
- 212 mg calcium;
- 1 mg iron;
- 359 mg Potassium;
- 1 µg Cobalamin (Vit. B12);
- 400 mg sodium;
- 32 µg Folate;
- 0 mg Pyridoxine (Vit. B6);
- 0 mg Niacin;
- 0 mg Riboflavin;
- 0 mg Thiamin;
- 34 mg vit. C;
- 972 IU vit. A
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet