- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 1-layer-size white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dark rum, brandy, or water
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipe Cinnamon Tres Leches Sauce
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped; blueberries; and/or raspberries
- 1/2 cup coconut, toasted (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; line bottom with parchment paper or waxed paper. Grease paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, butter, the water, and rum. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thick). Stir in lime peel. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (cake may sink slightly during cooling). Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto wire rack. Cool completely (cake should be cool to the touch). Using a serrated knife, cut cake into 1-inch cubes.
4. Divide one-third of cake cubes among eight individual dessert or parfait dishes and one-third of the chilled Cinnamon Tres Leches Sauce. Among the 8 dishes divide one-third of the berries. Repeat layers times. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours or until completely chilled.
5. In a large bowl combine whipping cream, honey, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
6. Serve parfaits toppers with the whipped cream mixture. If desired, sprinkle with toasted coconut and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 13 - 14 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk, or half-and-half
- 2 4 inch stick cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened coconut milk, whole milk or half-and-half, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat just until boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. Remove the stick cinnamon and discard.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 603,
- Fat, total (g) 33,
- chol. (mg) 153,
- sat. fat (g) 18,
- carb. (g) 72,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 8,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 43,
- pro. (g) 9,
- vit. A (IU) 972,
- vit. C (mg) 34,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 32,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 400,
- Potassium (mg) 359,
- calcium (mg) 212,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet