Tres Leches-Berry Parfaits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; line bottom with parchment paper or waxed paper. Grease paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, butter, the water, and rum. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thick). Stir in lime peel. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (cake may sink slightly during cooling). Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto wire rack. Cool completely (cake should be cool to the touch). Using a serrated knife, cut cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Divide one-third of cake cubes among eight individual dessert or parfait dishes and one-third of the chilled Cinnamon Tres Leches Sauce. Among the 8 dishes divide one-third of the berries. Repeat layers times. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours or until completely chilled.
- In a large bowl combine whipping cream, honey, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Serve parfaits toppers with the whipped cream mixture. If desired, sprinkle with toasted coconut and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Cinnamon Tres Leches Sauce
- In a large saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened coconut milk, whole milk or half-and-half, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat just until boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. Remove the stick cinnamon and discard.
Nutrition Facts (Tres Leches-Berry Parfaits)
- Per serving:
- 603 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 153 mg chol.,
- 400 mg sodium,
- 72 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 43 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Amanda Frazier 1017 Days Ago
what is the ingredient measurements for the tres leches sauce