- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion and shallots in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in cream and milk. Bring just to boiling. Remove from heat. In a small bowl lightly beat egg yolks. Slowly add about 1 cup of the hot mixture to the beaten yolks, beating until combined. Return all of the egg yolk mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and just bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese, sage, and pepper.
- Transfer half of the cooked tortellini to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with the Gruyere cheese. Pour half of the sauce over tortellini. Top with the remaining cooked tortellini, the walnuts, the prosciutto, and the remaining sauce.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Tortellini Emilia)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 100 mg chol.,
- 824 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet