Tomatillo Turkey Chili with Spelt
Nonstick cooking spray
pound skinless, boneless turkey breast (or thigh), cut into 1-inch cubes
16 ounce jar tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
15 ounce can great Northern or cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
cups whole spelt, rinsed
cup coarsely chopped onion (1 medium)
tablespoon ground cumin
cloves garlic, crushed
teaspoon ground coriander
medium lime, cut into wedges
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add turkey; cook and stir until browned on all sides.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine turkey, salsa, beans, broth, spelt, 1/2 cup chopped onion, the cumin, garlic, coriander, and salt.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting about 3 1/2 hours or until spelt is tender.
- Sprinkle each serving with some of the 1/2 cup red onion. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts(Tomatillo Turkey Chili with Spelt)
- Per serving:
- 425 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 56 mg chol.,
- 857 mg sodium,
- 64 g carb.,
- 12 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet