- Yields: 24 (about 2-inch) pieces
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Stand: 3 hrs
Toffee Butter Crunch
tablespoon light-color corn syrup
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set pan aside.
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan melt butter over low heat. Stir in sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Avoid splashing side of saucepan. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 290 degrees F, soft-crack stage (about 12 minutes). Mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate with bubbles over entire surface. (Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a steady boil and watch temperature carefully during the last 5 minutes of cooking as temperature can increase quickly at the end.) Remove from heat; remove thermometer.
- Carefully pour corn syrup mixture into prepared pan; spread evenly. Cool 4 to 5 minutes or until top is just set. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate pieces; let stand for 2 minutes. Spread softened chocolate into an even layer over toffee layer. Sprinkle with nuts; lightly press into chocolate. Let stand at room temperature several hours or until chocolate is set. Use foil to lift candy out of pan; break into pieces. Store with waxed paper between the layers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Toffee Butter Crunch)
- Per serving:
- 141 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 22 mg chol.,
- 59 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 11 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesCandy Recipes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Fudge Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts