Toasted Nut and Oatmeal Cookies
cups packed brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon baking soda
cups regular rolled oats
cups chopped pecans, walnuts, and/or almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour, the oats, and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
Nutrition Facts(Toasted Nut and Oatmeal Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 67 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 39 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet