- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1 ounce
- Prep: 20 mins
- Microwave: 2 mins to 3 mins
- Chill: 30 mins
Thin Mint Bark
chocolate wafer cookies
ounces vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped (1 cup)
ounces milk chocolate pieces (1/2 cup)
ounces green mint-flavor baking pieces (1/2 cup)
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy foil; grease foil. Arrange cookies in a single layer on the foil.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine half of the candy coating, the milk chocolate baking pieces, and 1 teaspoon of the shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a second microwave-safe bowl combine the remaining candy coating, the mint-flavor baking pieces, and the remaining 1 teaspoon shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drop spoonfuls of milk chocolate and mint mixtures over the cookies, alternating colors, and covering the cookies. Using a narrow spatula, swirl the two mixtures together.
- Chill candy about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy. Cut or break into pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer candy between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Thin Mint Bark)
- Per serving:
- 178 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 4 mg chol.,
- 56 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 18 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet