Thin Mint Bark
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy foil; grease foil. Arrange cookies in a single layer on the foil.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine half of the candy coating, the milk chocolate baking pieces, and 1 teaspoon of the shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a second microwave-safe bowl combine the remaining candy coating, the mint-flavor baking pieces, and the remaining 1 teaspoon shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drop spoonfuls of milk chocolate and mint mixtures over the cookies, alternating colors, and covering the cookies. Using a narrow spatula, swirl the two mixtures together.
- Chill candy about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy. Cut or break into pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer candy between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Thin Mint Bark)
- Per serving:
- 178 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 56 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Vicky Messmann 345 Days Ago
I agree. What brand/type of chocolate wafer cookies?
Denise Rostad 384 Days Ago
Sounds good--but can you be more specific about the chocolate wafer cookies? Brand ideas?