The Aloha Shandy
- For syrup, in a small saucepan combine 1 cup of the water, the sugar, and lemon peel. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Cool slightly; discard lemon peel.
- Transfer syrup to a large pitcher. Stir in the remaining 3 cups water, passion fruit juice, and lemon juice.
- Pour about 3 cups of the juice mixture into two ice cube trays. Freeze about 3 hours or until firm. Cover and chill the remaining juice mixture until needed.
- To serve, carefully pour beer into juice mixture in pitcher (mixture will foam). Place two or three of the prepared ice cubes in each glass and top with beer mixture. Garnish with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts (The Aloha Shandy)
- Per serving:
- 139 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 10 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Thomas Angelli 1528 Days Ago
Finally got around to making this for Mother's Day and it was a huge hit all around. This will definitely be made plenty of times throughout the summer.