Thai Pork Burgers
- Finely shred lime peel (reserve lime). In a large bowl combine the lime peel, pork, bacon, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the Thai Hot Spice, shallot, cilantro, lemongrass, ginger, and garlic. Mix well to combine. Form into 4 patties, 3/4- to 1-inch thick.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place the patties on the grill rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in burgers registers 160 degrees F. (Or, preheat broiler. Place patties on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until done (160 degrees F.).
- Squeeze juice of half of a lime into a small bowl. Add mayonnaise, chile sauce, and remaining spice mix. Stir to combine. Add coleslaw. Toss to combine.
- Serve burgers on buns topped with slaw mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
To make chopping lemongrass easier, try smashing it with a mallet or rolling pin first.
Thai Hot Pepper Spice Mix
- Shake everything together in a small jar, cover and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Pork Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 675 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 17 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 1277 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet