Thai Green Curry Chicken
cup canned unsweetened light coconut milk
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons green curry paste
teaspoons finely chopped fresh lemon grass or 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
Nonstick cooking spray
medium green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin bite-size strips
medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
cup packaged julienned or coarsely shredded fresh carrots
cloves garlic, minced
ounces skinless boneless chicken thighs
teaspoons canola oil
cups hot cooked brown basmati rice or regular brown rice
- For sauce, in a medium bowl whisk together coconut milk, broth, curry paste, cornstarch, and lemon peel (if using); set aside.
- Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat wok over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper and onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add carrots, garlic, and lemon grass (if using); cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Trim fat from chicken. Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips. Add oil to wok; add chicken. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Push from center of wok.
- Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with coconut and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts(Thai Green Curry Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 344 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 81 mg chol.,
- 445 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet