Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine chicken, the water, lime juice, and ginger.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding cooking liquid. Toss chicken with half of the Peanut Sauce. If desired, return chicken to slow cooker. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm or low-heat setting for up to 1 hour. Serve with remaining Peanut Sauce (whisk sauce if it looks separated).
- In a small saucepan whisk together creamy peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Heat over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth, whisking constantly. Makes about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 101 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 15 mg chol.,
- 159 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Charlotte Blanford 1186 Days Ago
Definitely must use low sodium soy sauce, I used Gluten free regular and sauce was extremely salty! Sauce was very thick also - so I ended up putting it all in with the drained chicken wings and left it on low for another hour. They looked and tasted fine. NEXT time I will thaw or use fresh chicken -without skin - and double the chicken and sauce since it cooked down to half a crock pot worth of cooked food. They do not look pretty like the photo but tasted great but I alsoI grated fresh ginger and used a lot. There was not any left in the crockpot after the potluck.
Iris Lassiter 1186 Days Ago
They are terrible. The picture you present is not a crock pot wing, The wings have seared edges. Way too much peanut butter in your recipe and not enough soy. I will never use this again. Wasted food and time. The sauce if you follow this recipe looks nothing like your sauce either.
Tom Canfield 1306 Days Ago
try this link
Ellie Clemens 1343 Days Ago
You call this s a recipe?
Beverly Blumhoefer 1343 Days Ago
Where's the directions for preparing the wings and the amount?
Jillian 1508 Days Ago
These are terrible. There is way too much peanut butter in the peanut sauce and it looks nothing like the picture. There has to be an error in the amounts for peanut butter and soy sauce.