Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
cup rice wine
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
teaspoon crushed red pepper
tablespoon vegetable oil
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
cups bias-sliced carrots (3 medium)
cups fresh pea pods, tips and strings removed, or one 6-ounce package frozen pea pods, thawed
green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
cup dry roasted peanuts
cups hot cooked rice
Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- For sauce, stir together rice wine, soy sauce, water, fish sauce (if desired), cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a wok or large skillet. (If necessary, add more oil during cooking.) Heat over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to wok; cook and stir for 15 seconds. Add carrots; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add pea pods and green onions; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add half of the chicken to hot wok. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from wok. Repeat with remaining chicken. Return all chicken to wok. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok. Stir in the 1/3 cup peanuts. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve with rice. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped peanuts.
Nutrition Facts(Thai Chicken Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 406 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 1020 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet